Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Client Letter

Jason,

I finally have a moment to sit down and put into words my heartfelt appreciation for your assistance in my recent acquittal. Your composure and low key manner offered me a degree of comfort that I most desperately needed. As you know, I was facing my second DUI and a conviction would have been devastating for my personal as well as business life. I attribute your knowledge of the law, your ability to compellingly and in an understandable way convey the facts to the jury as the primary reason for my acquittal. It certainly helped that I had a .07 blood alcohol reading but as you well know; without a capable lawyer a defendant does not stand a chance in our system of justice. There is no such thing as "innocent until proven guilty" anymore especially in DUI cases.

I would also like to add that I appreciate the fact that at no time did you give me any false sense of hope. You were straightforward and honest in your assessment of the case though I have a sneaking suspicion you knew all along we would win. Your personal sense of reserve is to be congratulated.

Trust me when I say, "I have truly learned my lesson this time." I could have paid for a lot of cab rides for what I paid you but you were worth every dime. It's too bad you are barred from taking me up on my proposition - double or nothing - you could have doubled your fee and it still would have been worth it. I was on an emotional high for over a week. I feel like my life is starting over again. I have my yearly motorcycle trip now planned and I am leaving on July 24, 2006 for Montana and the Dakotas. I'll try to remember to send you a postcard from Sturgis, S. Dakota. I wouldn't have been able to go if it weren't for your legal acumen.

In closing, let me say again, THANK YOU Jason! One thing kind of bothers me though and that is: how much better would you have been had you not been afflicted with that nasty cold. I think you being sick gave the prosecution a slight advantage they didn't deserve. Et tu Brutus - you pulled it off anyway.

You're a stud my man! And I owe you!

Thanks again,

W. H.

No comments: